1. Who are we?
What personal or other data do we collect?
- We collect and store the information which you give us via forms on our website or apps - such as your name, address, email address, phone number ("contact data") - or when communicating with us by email, or in some other way.
- We also collect and store certain information such as your IP address ("customer behaviour data") to improve your shopping experience by suggesting suitable products for you, based on previous purchases, or meals looked at.
- We collect your bank account and payment card details (payment information) in order to process payments and refunds.
- We collect survey data (such as biannual survey, NPS, etc.) which can include household makeup (number or kids and age bracket), age (bracket not birthday), gender and food preferences/allergies in order to understand how we are serving different types of customers and what we need to do to improve their experience.
- We also collect the following categories of data:
"transaction data" which may include your payment information and other details of products you have purchased from our website or apps;
"usage data" which may include information about how you use our website or apps, and products; and
"marketing and communications data" which may include your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
How do we use your personal data?
- We use "contact data" to provide our services: e.g. send service messages or direct mail, communicate to you about your account/orders and to fulfil orders.
- We may, as part of your Farmstand delivery (this being the primary purpose of processing your data under these circumstances), include gifts, free samples and other promotional material that we think may be of interest to you.
- If you have given permission, we may, solely for marketing purposes, use your " contact data" to send you marketing emails, mails, calls or SMS with details of our, or third party goods or services which may be of interest to you, including information about special offers or promotions.
- We use "payment information" to process payments and refunds.
- If you supply us with a friend's email address for the "Refer A Friend" programme, we will use that email address only to send a special offer to your friend. We will provide your name in the offer email to your friend, so that they know where we got their contact details from.
- We may use information we collect on you to recommend meals to you and to improve our service for you and other customers.
- We will only retain your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary in the circumstances and delete or anonymise personal data as soon as the purpose of storage no longer applies and legal retention periods do not preclude deletion. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the following factors:
- the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data;
- the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data;
- the purposes for which we process your personal data; and
- whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
How do we protect personal data?
- Security is a high priority for us. We take appropriate precautions to protect personal data. We will make every effort to look after your data and treat it with the respect it deserves.
- Your data will be transferred, stored and/or processed outside the EEA as our suppliers sometimes operate from outside of the EEA. We will only transfer your data outside of the EEA in compliance with data protection laws and provided appropriate or suitable safeguards are in place to protect your data such as Standard Contractual Clauses, Binding Corporate Rules (including the Mastercard Binding Corporate Rules) or any other clauses, mechanisms or safeguards to ensure compliance. Please contact us if you would like details of the appropriate safeguards.
To whom do we disclose personal data?
- We may share your payment information (including your email address) with banks and payment service providers such as PayPal, SagePay, checkout.com, Subbly.com and Stripe (our payment gateway and providers) in order to process the payments of your orders and any potential refund.
- Your personal data may be supplied by our payment partners to relevant third parties including credit reference and fraud prevention agencies, who may keep a record of that information.
- We may share your contact details with third parties in order to send you gifts or loyalty rewards on behalf of Farmstand.
- We may disclose your contact details to Trustpilot to enable it to email you inviting you to leave a review on our site.
- We may disclose personal data so far as reasonably necessary if we have reason to believe that it breaches our terms and conditions, or that such steps are necessary to protect us or others, or that a criminal act has been committed, or if there has been a complaint about content posted by you, or if we are required to do so by law or appropriate authority.
How to access and control your information?
- You have the right to request a copy of your information, to rectify your information, to opt out from marketing communications and to request the deletion of your information. Below, we describe the processes for making these requests.
- Update/rectify your information: you can easily correct/change your personal/contact information by logging in to your account on our website or apps.
- Alternatively you can contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Opt out of marketing communications: you can easily change your change your marketing permissions by logging in to your account on our website or apps.
- Access your information: you have the right to request personal data that we hold about you, subject to us reserving the right to withhold such data to the extent permitted by law. Contact our Customer Delight team for this request: email@example.com.
- Delete your information: you have the right to request to delete all the personal data that we hold about you. Contact our Customer Delight team for this request: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you wish to contact us about anything to do with your data and Farmstand, please contact us: email@example.com.
- For information about your rights under UK data protection laws, see the website of the UK Information Commissioner.
- You can report any concern to the ICO by clicking here. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are registered with the Information Commissioner's Register of Data Controllers.
What about cookies?
- You can consent to, or block the use of, specific Cookies by activating the relevant settings in your browser or in the case of third party cookies - by contacting the third parties directly. We don't have access to the cookies which third parties place on the website; other than allowing them to be served. If you would like more information about these practices and to know your choices about not having this information used by certain of these companies, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com and www.networkadvertising.org/choices. In order to use some parts of our site, you will need to consent to Cookies. If you choose to withhold consent, or subsequently block cookies, some aspects of our site may not work properly and you may not be able to access all or part of the site.
- Generally, there are the following categories of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary cookies: these cookies are essential for the operation of the website. They often improve the usability of the website for you by allowing you to proceed through many pages of the website quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit. For example, the session cookie remembers your shopping cart selection so will have the items you selected when you are ready to check out.
- Targeting cookies: these cookies are used to serve users with content and adverts, and to collect information about your browsing habits and usage of the website to make adverts more relevant to you based on your visits to this and other websites. We may use remarketing technologies to enable third parties to display relevant and personalised ads to users through their networks. They are also used to limit the number of times users see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
- Social media cookies: We may use various social media and other third party features on our website including the like button from Facebook, follow button from Twitter), Plus +1 button from Google, Pin It button from Pinterest, share / follow button from LinkedIn, embed button from YouTube, These features may involve the relevant companies using cookies or linking your visit with cookies previously placed by them on your computer in order for them to collect information relating to your visit to our website or your interaction with their services or otherwise. Click the links shown above for further information about the specific features and those companies' cookie / privacy practices generally as well as to opt out where this is possible.